Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Temptation

I had to order myself another one of these shirts (thanks to my hip, fashionable Canadian sis-in-law!). Guess it may appeal more to me, since I took a phonetics class in college, but I like them because they're different. Not quite sure how Lani is going to not buy any clothes for the year...I COULDN'T do it! This clothing line might not be so tempting for you, Lani, HOWEVER, I do have something to tempt you with (or any one else for that matter).....

Fetzer 20K

Brendan and I ran it last year and plan to again this year - it's a flat course, almost all on the paved trail along the river. I think Nate Miller may run it too. I'm feeling like I'm not in as good of shape as last year, so I'm thinking it would be fun to find someone(s) to run with me -instead of running it to beat my previous time (ok, I'm might be copping out Brendan!) - make it a fun run!? I'm thinking 8:30 -9 min miles. Any one care to join me? Tempting to anyone?? anyone?

Fools Five is coming up in less than a month too!

9 comments:

Lani said...

Hmmmm... are you running the 20k or the the 2 mile? I don't know if I would have enough time to get back into 20k shape? And an 8:30-9:00 minute mile would be a challenge for me... probably could use a challenge. Let me know which and I might take you up on it. I'll have to check what Craig's days off schedule looks like for next month.

BTW- Which shirt did you get? They have a lot of cute clothes. But I wasn't looking. Really, I wasn't. ;)

Kayla said...

Lani- planning on the 20K, but lately I've been having terrible runs...so hope I can do it. I HATE bad runs - ever happen to you where you run about 1/4 mile and you feel like stopping? The 'runners high' is awesome, could use a boost like that right now - a 60 degree day would help too!

Kayla said...

oh, and I ordered the long sleeve brown graetitude shirt- think the sleeve detail is kinda fun. Have the black short sleeve positive energy right now & love it. (Not that you would know what I'm talking about, cuz I know you haven't looked :))

Ethel said...

if i could run a 9 minute mile i would be ecstatic ! you are awesome! both of ya! running and me have difficulty getting along but if i could i would join you...have fun and i'm going to look at those clothes!

Anonymous said...

We might see you at the Fool's Five. =) We lived just a few blocks away from it for 4 years, and aren't too far from it now...plus we told the kids we would participate in it some day (after 4 years of watching it). Peyton will hopefully have his casts off by then and push his wheelchair, and Tyler will have a cast on, and I'll push him in a stroller.

Lani said...

Ok... so Craig has Thursday, Friday, Saturday off that weekend and could probably get Sunday off. So, I am seriously considering taking you up on your offer if you were serious about it. What say you? We haven't called Nate & Jana yet to see if they're open that weekend or not. Anywayz... if you think you could survive the four of us periodically over the weekend we might join you. This also means that I have some SERIOUS running to do to get to the level I need to. I haven't run farther than 3.2 miles since Thanksgiving time last year!!!

Kayla said...

Lani! yay! that would be great if you came up - Nate may be running the race too...I am up for running it slower. You're certainly welcome to stay here the whole time -whatever works. email: kaylalayden@hotmail.com

Lani said...

Sorry I had to bail out on you. :( If I find out differently, I'll let you know. Thanks for thinking of me, though, Kayla.

Lani said...

Ok... so we're on again if that's ok with you. Craig talked with Nate last night, so I'm still not sure what our accomodation plans will be. Is there a time that works best for you? I'm gonna try to get my registration sent in before the deadline for the $20 ends.