Thursday, December 1, 2011

NAPA VALLEY

We arrived in Napa, the day before Thanksgiving. The campground is a Expo/Fairground Area - it's not fancy, but it's conveniently located & we could fit the rig in - so we took it!
Finding a Trader Joe's helped make our decision to eat in the camper for T-day ....that place is awesome for convenience and pretty decent on taste. We managed to do most of the fixins' after Brendan and I went on a 10k trail run turkey trot. It was pretty grueling and part of the time I had to walk because it was so steep. Overall, it was really enjoyable even tho I had a few grumpy/gasping for air moments of going up the trail.
After lunch we played some games and music and went for a drive. It was a great day -- it makes me happy to do things SIMPLY. A free, gorgeous run in nature, some games, some music and food. As dad would say "It just doesn't get any better". I did miss my extended family tho!

No comments: