Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Taekwondo Ceremony

The kids had their final Taekwondo class last night - they were quite hyped up to "test" and hopefully officially receive their orange belt for all of their hard work the past couple months. Brendan & I read the handout yesterday morning, and realized that there was an extra $40 fee for each child to test. Both kids have already decided they aren't going to continue taking classes....SOO, being the cheap parents that we are.....we convinced the kids to have our OWN **SPECIAL** testing here at home and skip out on the last class. They had to wait for their name to be called (from the panel of judges, of course)and then go thru the 2 sets of moves that they have learned. Brendan made up a spreadsheet (nothing else would be expected from a finance geek!) and officially printed out their scores. I'm happy to announce that they both received personalized, tailored and hand-crafted, orange belts! (oh, and some candy and money because I was feeling a tiny-bit guilty). All in all, a good (and did I mention cheap!?) time was had by all.













In this clip they're performing the first set of moves together


2 comments:

Lani said...

so cute... and what a great idea to have the "test" at home. $40 to test you say? that seems a bit steep to me. yikes.

Jenny said...

Can I do that at home to the kids? Let's see, "Get back! Leave me alone I said..." I think it might work.