Monday, October 24, 2011

Saturday Parties

Who has time for those aforementioned Saturday hikes when there's parties to attend?
The first Saturday we got here, we went immediately to a Music/BBQ party with Brendan's brother and a table of their friends.









The 2nd Saturday, we got in on a Canadian Thanksgiving bash at Brendan's brothers house. A special Thanksgiving Play was put on by the kids.






The next Saturday Brendan was gone. The kids and I went to my nephew's soccer game, then to my niece's birthday party at the YMCA Climbing Wall.




















and then to the pumpkin patch with several others.














My sister in law stood line line for 1 1/2 hours to get us 3 dozen fresh melt in your mouth pumpkin donuts!!















This past Friday night we were invited to an Outside Halloween Party - about 100 attendees. It was really fun. It didn't matter whether people had costumes on or not - we still didn't recognize most of them! Figured it would be pretty fitting to go as homeless people this year!










The license plate was "nohome4us"





































Brendan's bro & kids
One of the host couples (the waldo's!)
and warning, the next one is pretty scary.

Some other things we've done:
--attended an awesome Local HS VB game (the first time my kids have ever gone to a VB game!)
--Girls night out with my SIL
--Cousin's sleepovers
--Meals with Grandpa & Grandma
--Mother/kids night out (our relationship has changed some with this whole on-line teaching thing...during the day I am a 'mean teacher', so it was high time to show the kids I can still be a fun mom!)
--Have met many neat people & shared special days!

We've pretty much not had an evening to just sit and relax until this past Saturday. Brendan & I spent 4 1/2 hours driving around the area & had a fancy supper at his brothers home. We turned down an invite to a hockey game & came home and went to bed at 8pm!

2 comments:

nikelleelyse said...

I LOVE YOU GUYS! :) and miss you too! Glad you are keeping busy! Say hello to the Cottens and McCuaigs for me! Bob was our elder when they lived in Denver before he got sick :( Miss them too!

Carol Sim said...

Glad you are homeless together again! Love to see what you are doing. I think we see some of your relatives on the street corners around Rochester. We really do miss you! Love, Jack & Carol