Saturday, September 24, 2011

30 Days Mark

Our next door neighbors to the East just celebrated being full-time RV'ers for 11 years and our neighbors to the West are on year 3.  We just passed the 30 day mark!  I've decided to create a "You know you're living in an RV When" list.   We are just 'newbies' at this lifestyle, but a few months ago, I thought 30 days in an RV sounded like a really long time! Even after 30 days, life has changed.

You know you are living in an RV When:
  • You go to a hotel and you consider it a luxury to leave the water running the whole time you brush your teeth (and you now feel wasteful for doing that!)
  • You find yourself cleaning the cupboard doors once or twice a week.  (I won't mention the frequency of this in my house.) 
  • Last minute weekend get-away's are easy peasy.  Each family member already has a compact travel cosmetic bag packed for showering in the campground & due to limited clothes, you just take whatever is clean.
  •  When you go to a hotel, you covet the travel-sized cosmetics like never before. 

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Just letting you know that I'm here! LOVE your blog and I love that I can follow your doings ... and live vicariously through you (but not the school part though. I'll pass on that one) :) Miss you guys very very much!!! Happy Birthday today Kayla. Keep smiling my friend!

nikelleelyse said...

I love you guys! Happy Late Birthday and Happy Trails :)

Lani said...

You guys are doing GREAT! :) What an adventure you're on. Wow. Thanks for letting us tag along.

Ethel said...

over 30 days allready!!!!