Wednesday, July 16, 2008

1/2 Marathon

Saturday we ran our first 'official' half marathon. It was a memorial race for a wife of a former co-worker of ours that was murdered last year. I was so nervous about the weather, because Friday it was so humid I didn't even want to be outside, but Saturday morning was BEAUTIFUL. I actually had goose-bumps at the start of the race. It was a day I'll never forget. Brendan had a great race time - I was a bit slower than we had done practice runs at, but was happy to have finished since I didn't have my mp3 player and husband at my side to keep me going! I'm really not much of a goal setting person, but I must say, it's awfully fun to meet a goal and this could be catchy. Hmmm...time to set another one now?!

2 comments:

Lani said...

Fantastic! I'd do a 1/2 marathon again anyday... but full marathon? Not so much. Sounds like you guys would be good at it, though.

Little Miss Nobody said...

Way to go, you guys! I only wish that even sounded like fun to me, but to me running is just wheezing and overheating! I think you guys should be really proud of ourselves! That's a huge accomplishment!