Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day Wkend


Friday my mom and I spent the whole day garage-saling
in a nice Msp suburb. We came home to a steak supper prepared by the guys! For lunch on Sunday, we went to the Chickadee Cottage/Tea House in Lake City, MN. It's one of my mom's favorite places. Later in the afternoon we took the kids out for a bike ride and Alec gave me a wonderful mother's day present...he rode w/o his training wheels. Grandpa had worked w/ him a couple times earlier in the week, but this was his first time with us. He was so proud (and so was I)...I started to cry....my little boy is growing up!


















Autumn put on a puppet show with our new garage sale find - the puppet stage!

A fun-filled day!

4 comments:

Ethel said...

wow...i have always enjoyed the chicadee cottage as well..and i love Lake City..thanks for the memory and also...glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!! you are a wonderful mom!!

Janelle said...

Oohh! I love the chickadee cottage! We ate sunday brunch there a lot when we went to meeting in Red Wing. I really miss that place. Sorry I haven't called you......both Parker and Brooke have been sick with a nasty virus. So haven't gotten much sleep, or much done other than take care of sick kids. They're on the mend now, so hopefully we can chat soon! Happy belated mother's day!!

Lani said...

Hmmm... from all the recommendations here, it sounds like a good place to try out if we ever get the chance. I LOVE that you cried when he rode without his training wheels. So sweet. Happy Mother's Day you fantastic Mom, you!

Lani said...

p.s. That puppet show stage is AWESOME!